All students or parents of students are required to read and fully understand Destiny Martial Arts Terms and Conditions as set out below. If a student or parent of a student does not read these terms and conditions, this does not mean they are exempt from their consequences. The policies, terms and conditions apply to ALL DMA students and parents of students regardless if they were read in whole, in part, or not at all. By voluntarily registering as a student of Destiny Martial Arts, you fully agree to the following policies as laid out:
- All applicants must register on the Destiny Martial Arts Website acknowledging acceptance of the policies, terms & conditions herein.
- Applicants must provide accurate information during the registration process. Inaccurate or deliberate false Information will see the application as void and will not be accepted by Destiny Martial Arts Administration.
- Applications may or may not be accepted depending on criteria being met or not met upon application. Destiny Martial Arts has the right to refuse registration applications for any reason at any time.
- If a registration application is denied for any reason, a follow up “altered” application will not be accepted.
- Destiny Martial Arts reserves the right to remove a student from our programs at any time, without notice for justifiable reasons such as: poor attendance, conduct incompatible with the oaths and tenets of TaeKwon-Do or if the student is deemed to require individual assistance or instruction beyond the scope of our regular programming.
(To include training fees, exam fees, registration fees seminar/ tournament fees or training equipment fees)
- All fees are non-refundable in whole or in part for any reason. If a student takes temporary leave of absence due to medical reasons only, their fees will be held as credit upon their return. There will be no fees refunded if the student decides not to return permanently. Applies only to training fees. Does not include tournament entry fees or seminars.
- Fees are non-transferable in whole or in part.
- Any and all fees are subject to change at any time.
- An NSF charge of $25 will be charged for all NSF payments. No exceptions.
- If there are three NSF payments made in a row, the student must pay cash for the remainder of the training year. This means, the entire amount for the remainder of the calendar year must be paid in one lump sum up front.
Discontinued or Interrupted Training (IMPORTANT)
- Destiny Martial Arts operates year-round and maintains registration at or near capacity; any student wishing to interrupt or discontinue training (except for medical reasons) will be removed as members of Destiny Martial Arts and must re-apply for membership – including payment of a $150 non-refundable re-application fee. Re-application will include an evaluation of the former student’s attendance, attitude, training history and commitment to the oaths and tenets of TaeKwon-Do to determine his or her acceptance.
- Destiny Martial Arts does NOT guarantee acceptance of membership application to former students; the ONLY way to ensure ongoing training is to maintain year-round membership.
- If any student wishes to discontinue or interrupt his or her training with Destiny Martial Arts, written notice must be given in the form of an email to email@example.com There will be no assumptions or verbal indications accepted as notice of discontinued training.
- Notice of discontinued or interrupted training must be given 30 days prior to the next payment date. Those who do not provide 30 days written notice will have their account debited on the next scheduled payment date as per Destiny Martial Arts’ payment agreement.
- Partial fees will not be refunded if a student does not attend during the 30 days notice.
- There will be no refunds regardless if a student or parent forgets to provide 30 days notice and the payment is still taken on the debit date.
- Destiny Martial Arts is not responsible in any way, shape or form to remind students or parents of the 30 day written notice policy.
Sparring Gear (Protective gear)
- It is mandatory that all Destiny Martial Arts students purchase the required sparring gear which includes the head, hand foot gear and mouth guard upon achieving the level of yellow belt (8th Gup). Failure in meeting this requirement will see the student dismissed from sparring until the sparring gear is purchased.
- The sparring gear MUST be purchased through Destiny Martial Arts ONLY.
- Sparring gear purchased elsewhere will not be permitted to be used in Destiny Martial Arts classes, tournaments or other events. Note: Male competitors will require a groin cup for tournament participation; this can be purchased at any sporting goods supplier.
- Students are required to take care of their sparring gear and keep it in good operable condition. Sparring gear that is lost, torn or damaged in any way must be replaced immediately.
- Only recognized high quality mouth guards will be permitted to be used in class.
Doboks (Training uniforms)
- Doboks must be purchased through Destiny Martial Arts. Alternate uniforms will not be accepted in class.
- Doboks must be kept in good, clean condition with no tears or permanent stains. Doboks will have to be replaced if the Instructor finds the Dobok to be in unacceptable condition.
- Doboks must be replaced in the event that the student has outgrown theirs.
Pandemic Response – COVID-19
- In the event of a mandated shut-down due to the pandemic, and operations are temporarily suspended, Destiny Martial Arts will suspend training fees beginning the 1st of the month following the mandated shut-down. No refunds or credits will be issued for any time lost.
- Upon approval by any/all governing bodies that it is safe for training to continue, Destiny Martial Arts will resume withdrawal of training fees immediately.
- Destiny Martial Arts will make no assumptions of any student’s desire to discontinue training during this time; all students are assumed to be continuing members unless they, or their legal guardian if under 18 years of age, provide written notice to withdraw from the program. The 30-day notice of withdrawal is still required during this time regardless of the length of the mandated shut-down.